Family Solicitor / CILEX
Family Solicitor / CILEX
We have an opportunity for a Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive to join the Family Department in the Chelmsford office. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic fee earner with experience of Family matters.
The ideal candidate will be confident and enthusiastic with a strong background in all areas of family law, including financial relief and private children matters. The role is a hybrid one with the ability to work from home three days a week as well as in our modern, first-class office for the other two days.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within a team with a reputation for providing excellent client care.
As a leading law firm in Essex, Gepp Solicitors can trace its roots back to 1768 and is a well-known name in the area. With a rating of 4.8/5.0 on Review Solicitors and over 1,000 reviews to back this up, the firm is one with a great reputation.
About the Role
- To undertake fee earning work, working both independently with minimal supervision and as a member of the team;
- To demonstrate detailed knowledge and technical expertise in dealing with complex family law and matrimonial caseloads, including divorce, ancillary relief and children matters;
- Maintaining a high level of professionalism and ensuring client matters and information are kept confidential
- The successful candidate must demonstrate experience and dedication in family law and be willing to be involved in marketing and business development.
- Minimum 5+ years PQE
- Excellent client-facing skills and the ability to nurture existing clients and third-party relationships as well as the ability to help develop new business and assist in networking events;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to build effective and trusting relations with people internally and externally to the firm;
- Proven high-level organisational and time management skills with the ability to think ahead, prioritise workload, respond to and manage changing circumstances and work under pressure to meet deadlines;
- A flexible, adaptable and positive attitude to work;
- To achieve agreed financial targets, both in respect of fee income and the recording of chargeable hours.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- Income Protection
- Health cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free Parking
We are committed to recruiting individuals on merits of suitability for each role, on the basis of qualifications and experience. All applications are treated fairly and equally regardless of sexual orientation, race, disability, religious beliefs and any other protected characteristic, ensuring that there are equal opportunities at all stages of the recruitment process.
Please submit your CV (maximum double sided) letter to Karen Mollison, Practice Manager.
Main number: 01245 493939
Main email: firstname.lastname@example.org